This week's episode has been sponsored by:
Stash for a cause- Japan Earthquake Relief! Purchase any of the Abstract Fiber yarn or fiber in solid red at shows or at AbstractFiber.com through the month of April and we will donate 50% of the purchase price to the Red Cross for Japanese earthquake relief.
At Purlescence Yarns we're head over heels for weaving. From rigid heddle looms like Jasmin's favorite Schacht Cricket to table and floor looms for weaving beautiful textures, Purlescence Yarns is your resource for the best in weaving equipment and supplies. Call today to order your loom!
Explore the New World of Knitting on Opening Day with Anna Zilboorg. Take classes from the most talented designers in the Knitting Universe. Shop-till-you-drop in the largest fiber market in the South. See the hottest new knit designs at the Fashion Show or take to the runway yourself -- showing off your knits during the Student Banquet. If you love knitting, YOU CAN'T MISS THIS! Go to KnittingUniverse.com/Events for all the details. If it has to do with knitting, you will find it here. STITCHES South is open to the general public April 15th-17th. For more information please join us online at http://KnittingUniverse.com/Events/ or call 1-800-237-7099.
On the needles: (00:32)
Adventures in St. Louis! Things mentioned:
- Charlie Gitto's
- Bailey's Chocolate Bar
- KCL Drop spindles
- Schacht drop spindle
- White Castle (Harold and Kumar go to White Castle)
- Cathedral Basilica
- Ted Drewes
- Cedar Creek Conference Center
- Gooey Butter Cake
- Daybreak KAL
- BlueMoonArtistry's Daybreak
Jasmin delivered Meghan's sweater. You can find the On the Road thread here, and the YouTube channel here. Gigi makes reference to the marshmallow incident.
- WRONG DATE BEFORE. DATE TBD. Spinning at the Retzlaff Winery- June 24-26: Black Sheep Gathering. We're staying at the Courtesy Inn in Eugene, OR.
The Mom 'N' Me contest! We want your stories about crafting with friends/family. Please have your entries in by 5/8/2011. Jasmin tells a story about cooking together.
- A copy of Westknits Book One and Two (SIGNED!)
- A Schacht Hi-Lo drop spindle kit
- How to Knit a Heart Back Home by Rachael Herron (SIGNED!)
- A Leslie Wind cable needle necklace
- A kit from Bar Maids- Shower scrub and a Lo-Lo Bar in "Vanilla Cake" and a jar of Face Pudding
Mother knows best: (38:33)
We discuss travel essentials. The list:
- Crystallized ginger
- Neck pillow
- luggage scale
- Prunes. You know why.
When Knitting Attacks: (46:23)
Gigi is attacked by her Elektra shawl.
This week, we review Dolce HandKnits by Kim Dolce. We don't care for it.