On the Needles:
- Gigi is knitting the Icarus Shawl (by Miriam Felton). Miriam also designed Juno Regina and the Persephone Scarf that Jasmin is still working on.
- Gigi is working on a cabled sock made out of Lisa Souza's "Miss Violet's Pink Ribbon".
- Jasmin is knitting socks out of her handspun Fiber Fiend "Blackberry Swirl".
- Gigi negotiates trading quilting for some handspun yarn.
- Gigi talks about tripunto quilting. Woo!
Review: Heritage Sock Yarn by Cascade Yarns (courtesy of Purlescence Yarns)
Jasmin is getting roughly 8 sts/in on US 1 1/2 Hiya Hiya needles. (Buy them at your LYS!) The yarn has fabulous stitch definition and a terrific hand. It also has a decent price point for a handpainted sock yarn. ($17-$18/ 100g)
Mother Knows Best:
Try new things! You don't have to stick with a hobby if you don't love it anymore.
You also don't have to do 100% of everything for your interest. If you buy a fleece, you don't have to process it yourself. Send it to Shari at Morro Fleece Works! (She's fabulous.)
If you're not sure, process a handful of the fleece yourself. That's a decent representative sample of the whole process.
Out and About:
Spinning at the Retzlaff winery. Lots of people, more vendors, and TWO chickens! Good wine, good company, good wool. Good times.
Join us for Worldwide Knit in Public Day! We'll be at Santana Row.
When Knitting Attacks!
- Busy and dark yarns don't suit heavily textured patterns.
- When knitting slip-stitch patterns, add a little ease for those slipped stitches.
- Jasmin attends Man of La Mancha with Nathania, Sandi, and Kathy in San Jose, and drops her tape measure LOUDLY at Man of La Mancha, and everyone drops stitches. That's how good it was.
Special Thanks to:
Stitch Stud- banner and badge in Ravlery
Purlescence Yarns- Heritage Yarn
Patrick Lydon- Theme Song
Gretchen - laugh track and ambient drop spindle-dropping