This week's episode is sponsored by:
Presented by Ancient Arts Yarn, Edmonton Fibre Frolic is Edmonton’s premier yarn and fibre festival. We connect fibre enthusiasts - makers, creators, teachers, learners – everyone sharing a love for all things fibre, yarn, and textiles. Join us May 28, 2022 and let us help you discover the wealth of luxury in your yarn habit.
Carry your creativity with Erin Lane Bags! Whether you show your fiber fandom with the woolly wonderSheepleverse, or dive into history with the Curiosities collection, our project bags, totes, and hook and needleorganizers are at the ready to keep your hobby happy.“Go to HelloFresh dot com slash knitmore16 and use code knitmore16 for up to 16 free meals AND 3 free gifts!”
Have you ever had to frog because you forgot a step several rows back? Or lost your spot because you dropped your magnet board or lost track with your highlighter tape? Instead of wrestling with paper, use the knitCompanion app. It keeps you on track so you can knit more and frog less. knitCompanion works with ALL your patterns and is available for Apple, Android, and Kindle Fire Devices
Are you feeling dis-GRUNT-eled about your stash? Are you browsing Insta-HAM looking for knitting inspiration? Is color "kind of a PIG deal" in your life?Oink Pigments offers over one hundred forty PIG-ture perfect colorways to make you SQUEAL with delight.For a limited time only, bring home the bacon with code KNITMORE and get fifteen percent off in-stock yarns and fibers at oinkpigments dot com. Shop soon, because these pigs will FLY!
On the Needles: (0:39)
- Gigi is working on a new Meilenweit sock for Andrew.
- Jasmin started Fatimah Hinds’s “Not too Tart” hat for her Unconventional Test Knit in Neighborhood Fiber Co Studio sock in “Sandy Point”, and is closing the crown
- Gigi cast on the Elton cardigan, in superwash merino from Neighborhood Fiber Co; she has gotten shoulder shaping done and started the mohair stripes got to the part when the right shoulder gets started
- Gigi is knitting a striped Regia socks for Andrew . She has bound off. and cast on a new pair
- Jasmin is crocheting the XY scarf Jasmin mentions the 19th Amendment kit from Lady Dye Yarns.
- Gigi socks for Andrew. Meilenweit socks are not self knitting. Gigi has almost finished the second sock.
- Jasmin has finished the body on her Humo Amargo cardigan in Onyx Fiber Arts DK “Burst”, and has started the first sleeve
- Jasmin talks about the afghan she is conspiring to crochet
- Jasmin talks about Be Kind Yarn, featuring the Progressive Pride (The Proceeds usually support The Trevor Project thetrevorproject.org - BUT for this END AIDS KAL/CAL - proceeds will support the End Aids foundation with @Gary_knits_Gary_Rides)
Gigi is wearing the A- line skirt from the clothing construction class that she made for Jasmin. She started wearing warm weather clothes, and Klapperlatschen .Quilts
$57,779 up to $58,224 this last week; raised of the $150,000.00 goal
Jasmin & Lady Dye Diane are co-hosting a KAL! The Sea Glass Pullover (in DK). Pushed back to June 20
Stash Dash! May 27 - end of August Hosted by the Knitgirllls
Laura and Frieda from Wollkanal have their yarn on ravelry. rh :ool rheinisches wollschaf wolle , bulky and worsted All the singles sold out. Frieda will have a booth at the Düsseldorfer Wollfestival.
Mother Knows Best:(40:18)
"Speak the truth, even if your voice shakes." ~ Maggie Kuhn.
When Knitting Attacks:(50:13)
Gigi: socks for Andrew.
Read Knitmore sock pattern. Heel flap is done with a sl1p1 flap. Oops
Knits in Space:(48:43)
Bridgerton vs Gilded Age / Outlander
Actors are taught 1800s manners and conventions
The Fabric of civilization ; How textiles made the world , b y Virginia Postrel
Stone Age could have been called the string age:
Fishing lines and nets, bows for hunting and starting fire, traps, wrap and carry bundles, hang food to dry,strap babies, belts and necklaces,sew together hides
And Sew On: (1:04:00)
Redid previous alterations. Sleeve and shoulders. made another bodice, this time with sleeves. Sleeves work. Didn’t get the back neck right. Need to redo back bodice. So glad I have not cut into fashion fabric yet . Palmer Pletsch book